10.01.2010

October! Love it.

This has been a busy busy week, full of catching up on rest [that was lost in LA], spending quality time with friends [I'm actually obsessed with my Monday night life group crew], family time, and of course- house stuff.
So now it's Friday and all I can think is, where the heck did this week go!?
You know, I just want to dive right in to the house updates- because I feel like that is my best material today.  While Mom and I were in Cali, Dad took it upon himself to choose a floor and finish the laundry room. The room is beautiful and I can't wait to iron my clothes in there...
Carpets were installed in the bedrooms yesterday!!  Yes- that deserves a song and dance.  Its beautiful [but sadly, I didn't photograph it... sorry...].
The carpets guys were very very kind.  But they did insist that I take up the linoleum and VCT [Vinyl Composition Tile- just Googled it] in my kitchen area, and let me just say, that is some major hard work.  I am going to go out on a limb and say it  has been the hardest task of the renovation process to date.  Dad and I scraped that floor for nearly 4 [long] hours.
Scraping Linoleum 

Floor that was under VCT - major sticky 
After all the old floor was removed, we were left with a blank canvas for these beauties... 

M & D started in the living room... 


View from Kitchen


After removing all that floor- we found some repairs that had to be done first.  So, here they are, with quick-dry cement.  [ And yes, we were tempted to put our hand prints in the cement.  On account of that being  "immature", Dad settled for writing "Baker 2010".]
Go ahead, jump on board and get excited!  The fun is about to begin.  And yes, you are all more than welcome to drop by and visit!
Side note, I just want to thank all of you for letting me know [in one way or another] that you're reading.  I just love you're support!  And I love to know who my audience is :)
Back to work. Chao for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, it is just so cool to know that I watched you grow up from a young girl to a young woman who is now renovating a house! Yall are doing a beautiful job! Keep posting updates. I know I'm checking in regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete