10.20.2010

rainy wednesday.

It's a rainy Wednesday here in Augusta, and boy does it make it tough to focus at work.  My thoughts are with my comfy couch, a warm blanket, and a good chick flick.  But.  I'm grown up now so those are days of the past... 

Anyway. The weekend was wonderful [& packed].  I thought life was supposed to slow down Friday-Sunday??  
I did, however, get a lot done! Mom and I spent some quality time with our good friends over at Lowes.  It was one of those [stressful] visits that wore me out!  I'm shopping for blinds/shades for my house because I am simply tired of living in a fish bowl.  Unfortunately- my window in the living room is 108 in wide and is proving to be costly to cover. Ugh.  So we left empty handed and defeated [mainly because we missed out on this incredible sale by a few minutes.  It's too sensitive of a subject to go into the details].

Saturday night, I did spend some quality time with the girls.  Surprisingly enough, we went to Waffle House and had a blast.  The staff was composed of these wonderful people that were nothing but sweet and entertaining.  They teased us for bringing peanut butter for our waffles, but of course, later asked if they could have some to try.  I'd say we converted them.  
Britt & Sarah. 
Kelly & I

In other news!  The home renovating has moved to the exterior of the house!!  Finally, my place isn't going to be the eye sore of the street! Dad started pressure washing [yes- he loves that thing] and painting the exterior- Woodrow Wilson White! Well, after giving the house a good cleaning, it went inside and found that the front door proved to be NO barrier for the water he dosed it with. [AKA- huge puddles in the living room].  So.  Now we need to consider buying a new door.  Mom and I shopped Lowes and found that their fiber glass doors are few and far between and a bit over budget.  We scheduled an appointment anyway- for them to come measure the house and do whatever it is they do pre- install.  We decided to scope out Home Depot and realized their selection was just what I was interested in. Cancelled other appointment, asked our buddy Greg to do the install and ....LONG story short!  We found this beautiful door on sale- nearly half off!!
Outside
Inside

Sorry. I this is the only before picture i have!! 
 Thanks all for now friends. 
Cheers.
-Sar

No comments:

Post a Comment