8.25.2010

worn slap out.

well let me just say. i am Tired [notice the capital T].  I came into this renovation with eyes wide open and excitement in every project, and now, hardly a week into it, my muscles ache, my sinus are upset with me, and by eyes feel a bit puffy!  I went to the house straight from work yesterday, and two hours into painting trim and prying up tack boards, I must have hit a wall.  A large brick, unmoving wall.  My arms weren't doing what I told them to and every time it squatted down, I felt like getting up would certainly be an issue. When Mom & Dad arrived, i quickly saw that they were in the same boat as me.  Regardless, Dad pushed onward, determined to remove the guest toilet and the molded part of the sheet rock behind it.  Bless his heart, Dad walked around hunched over the entire night because standing all the way created too much pain.
The good news?? Check out what arrived yesterday!
I went straight to work loading all of our mess and quickly realized - I am by no means buff and should not try to load such waste.  So I quit.  Mom did prove to be useful in the dumping process...
No pun intended.... lol.
So now for goal setting...
Ceilings: Done by Friday
Sheet rock: kitchen walls and bathroom patches: up Saturday
Prep work for painting: Saturday & Sunday
Painting begins: Monday- Friday [maybe a room a day?]
I know, this is a bit ambitious, but I must see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Of course, I have had a precious friend who felt prompted to help after reading my blog posts! [Thanks Lana!!! I appreciate your sweetness!] SO maybe with a few extra hands, this will actually happen.  And sweet Dustin plans to return so that I have a light switch for every light [that poor chandelier with no switch to it's name]...
I did have a guy come check out my air vents yesterday.  The good news is, he wasn't too bad to look at and just had the kindest eyes... The bad news...it seems my vents are filthy and even show signs of mold...:(  Just add another to-do to the list!
Side not, I was watching the Today show this morning with my morning cup of joe and a designer, Nate Berkus was featured for the home portion of the show.  His spot was focused on old furniture picked up off the side of the road and transformed into something beautiful...exactly what I have sought to achieve with my personal furniture makeovers. [I couldn't find a link online just yet...but evidently he has a show coming out mid-September.] Anyway- got my creative juices flowing.  I have this lovely vanity that needs some TLC- fresh paint and new knobs maybe?  I am thinking a pretty grey and maybe crystal pulls? It has a matching chair to go with it.... and of course this is for my bedroom... Have I mentioned my Martha Stewart bedding [I found on major sale at Macy's]?
As you can see, the colors are white, charcoal, light grey, and green... I have a white bed [that I found at a yard sale and painted...pics to come soon] and am thinking plum walls.  How do y'all feel about this?  Add a nice painted vanity and have a perfect room?
Ok- well the good news is, it's Wednesday- which mean church night- which means no house work tonight! Whoo hoo!!
I guess I am out...

No comments:

Post a Comment