8.10.2010

timing is everything.

The saga continues.  Yesterday afternoon, I was cleared to close on the beloved house tomorrow! Of course, heaven forbid this be easy, the seller needs a few extra days with her memories and wants to close Monday.  A whole week away.  So, ask me next week if I am a homeowner.
[Granted, I can't blame the lady.  She has lived in this home with her family since the mid 70's.  And in hindsight, what is a few more days....]
Now, I have had a few more moments of creativity these days, which has led to several nights of sewing.  I included my big ottoman yesterday, and today, its the small ottoman that was also thrown into the sale from the pj-wearing lady on CraigsList [bless her].  I forgot to take a before pic- but picture a dirty brown cube.  Here's an action shot and the finished product.
Now, I got this fabric from the remnants bin at Curtain Call here in Augusta.  I believe it was $2.50 for the bag, which had more than enough to cover this.  Its a sturdy fabric perfect for a project like this one that may receive some wear-and-tear.
From there, I went on to make a coordinating throw pillow.


These fabrics were simply scraps from old projects that I am so excited to be able to include in my new living room! And the pillow is one we've had for years and years that I recovered- though I did have to add a little extra batting to get the fullness. [the throw pillow matches a chair re-do I have. reveal to come soon]  I hope these projects are of some inspiration to you.  I am no seamstress [by any means] but have learned a few things from Mom. Anyone could do these projects though. 
Well- I must wrap up my work day and get on out of the office.  Tonight is Tuesday night. Meaning Life Group night.  You remember- the people that sure make my life fun here in Augusta! love having a group that loves Jesus [and loves Stevens Creek Church] and loves to have fun/laugh.  Ah- at the end of the day, I have to count my blessing and understand that God has purpose in everything [even delayed closing dates]...


*disclaimer: i am no professional photographer.  please enjoy my photos via iPhone for what they are- casual snapshots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment