8.30.2010

Another Monday.

ok- I don't even know where to begin.
I guess- first my apologies.  quite a few days have passed and boy have I missed being chatty Kathy with all of my lovely followers!
Of course, I have perfectly good reason- because I have not STOPPED all weekend. Like, go- go-go. But boy do I like it!
I've gotten into my groove here in Augusta.  Who would have thought - the weekend that I miss Cleveland, TN so much is that one that truly clicks and brings about new excitement for my Augusta life?  God sure knows what he is doing, huh?
So, Friday was a major renovation day.  The boss let me off work around lunch and I quickly joined Dad at job site #2 for some intense work.  I had help from the wonderful Lana and Morgan and a perfect visit from Tandy.
Things that were accomplished on Friday:  drywall hung and Spackled by Dad. 1 bedroom floor bleached [to remove all things gross from the floor].  Bedroom primed [ceilings and walls].  And on into Saturday... all tack boards removed [from around the base boards- the old strips that held the carpet on. tedious to remove.]  more walls and ceilings primed.  hall bathroom overhauled and walls/ceiling primed, sink/vanity removed, holds puttied, walls sanded [and sanded and sanded], old floor ripped up... Outlet installed in Master bedroom.  [evidently, houses built in the 70's placed outlets on the light fixtures? odd and inconvenient if you ask me.]
Goodness, I could probably go on with this list, but I'm getting exhausted thinking about all that was accomplished.
The good news???  I can see this real faint light at the end of the tunnel. And boy is it a beautiful thing.  I mean, we are talking, hang a little section of drywall, sand some more walls a few times, install 2 toilets and 2 vanity/sinks and then we are ready for paint and floors!!! Man o man.  It's getting good...
Want some pics? [for those of you who follow me on twitter- you may recognize these. sorry for lack of variety]
Hole in the ceiling.  [this happens when someone decides to remove a wall...]

Sweet Mom & Dad- installing a ceiling.

Hall bathroom before. This doesn't do it justice bc this RR was nasty.
Hall Bath- lacking sink & toilet


Hopefully now you feel a bit in the loop. I can't wait to share Before and Afters side by side with the end result.  You are NOT ready.  
Okay, so I just have to share about my Sunday experience. First off, I have started to serve in the Children's ministry at SCC and I am just loving it.  I was in the 2 years old room and boy are those kiddos precious precious. I also spent some time  in the lobby inviting anyone and everyone who looks close to my age to join us in 4:12 [college and career ministry] and now that was fun.... its an odd thing walking up to a stranger and asking them how old they are.  A lady who was greeting Sunday commented after- "What are yall saying to the people- they all walk away smiling?"  My response along with my accomplice Emily- "Girl, they aren't smiling- they are straight laughing at us for how ridiculous we must sound!" Needless to say- I feel like I met some neat folk and are crossing my fingers that they may eventually show up.  Now we did take a group bowling last night and a few that we invited came- big success! The night was full of LAUGHTER and just plain joy.  Okay- you know those girls that do stupid things [or not stupid- maybe mindless?] on purpose to be funny?  Well- I have a tendency to do those- except not on purpose.  You guessed it, went to bowling last night and lost grip of the ball and yes- it went soaring at the people standing behind me. This just so happened to be at a moment that all 5 lanes with SCC were watching me.  My embarrassment overwhelmed me.  I hurried and grabbed the escaping ball, picked it up and literally launched it at the pins as quickly as possible.  When I say launch, I mean exactly what you're thinking- it was like a sloppy throw down the lane.  Miraculously, this throw knocked every remaining pin down and somehow turned in to the play of the night.  Yep, you can't script moves like that.... 
Also, I think I am in love.  Or at least smitten.  Don't that just make yall curious?!  ha...that's all on that subject.
Ok, back up a few hours to iServe.  Perfect evening at Stevens Creek celebrating our volunteers.  Man, it was enough to make you want to donate every ounce of free time to doing something productive at the church. I am blessed. 
Opening act. Rocking some worship time.





Boy am I being unproductive. Signing off for now.... Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment