8.03.2010

deciding to open the next chapter.

I finally too the plunge.  I have been reading enough blogs lately on my hunt for the perfect posts, I decided it was only fair to share my own personal life endeavors via a blog.  So here it begins.
I have recently moved back home to start a new life for myself.  The journey has been full of emotion (like most things in my life).  Living with mom and dad (pictured above) again after 4 wonderful years of freedom was a quick downer.  Don't get me wrong, I am certain my family knows how to have fun better than the average family.  But there is a difference between family fun and family roommates.  I am convinced mom and dad made a pact to be overbearing (in the least negative form of the word) so that I may not become comfortable living at home.
Well... it worked.  Say hello to a first time home owner! Want to see the place?
This home was built in the mid 70's and has stayed true to it's original roots.  I will most certainly have my hands full as we will be gutting the floors, ceilings, and even some walls to give the place a total makeover.  I am 100% ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work. Of course, the creative wheels in my mind are rolling with all the wonderful DIY projects I've come up with (all of which I will be keeping you posted on).  I am envisioning a home that is a perfect balance of cheerfulness, peace, and girl.
I found this sentiment on a blog I've been following [CarrieCan].  These are words that I plan to live by on the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment