8.16.2010

happy day.

Ah the start of a new week... I have somehow manage to come into this day off a wonderful weekend high, making everything easier from waking up to getting out the door to work.  Something about being refreshed- does a person some good.
Well I don't even know where to begin. You see, I haven't been taking picture of anything worth while, so I feel like that takes away from my post. So I will try to appeal without letting y'all take in the sights.
First things first. House update.  I know you are on the edge of your seats. I certainly have the keys in my hand! We are starting the move in process TODAY [err more the renovation process].  And boy, I could dance all day from the excitement.  The Baker's spent quite some time in HomeDepot on Saturday [Dad is actually a devoted Lowes fan, but I have grown a special liking for Martha Stewart's paint collection- sold at HD- and Mom had noticed some good sales in the paper].  Our plan of action is to start on the ceilings and work our way down.  So, we bought some light fixtures, scrapers for the popcorn, and ceiling paint.  We also found some great [bathroom] mirrors on sales that are going to be a perfect replacement for the current [dated] look.  $30 a piece.  You can't tell me that's not a good deal.  I am actually holding out home for my current kitchen light fixtures.

Okay, envision with me.  Painting this mostly white - maybe a fresh accent color to coordinate with the wall color?  There are actually two of these.  And I just figure, what have I got to lose.  Thoughts?  
So, say these two lights are in the kitchen part of the room, I need to add a fixture over the dining area that is going to flow smoothly with this retro feel.  I love the idea of a large shade like this one.


Just some ideas.  Anyone know where to find this look [for an affordable cost of course]?
On to the office news.  Today, Stu came in singing an opera selection.  And I know y'all don't believe all the off-the-wall moments we have each day, so I am trying my hardest to capture some video footage. There is simply nothing like it.  Sometimes, I get overwhelmed by how special working in a family business can be.  [Pre-blogging, I actually caught Stu doing the electric slide- with music- in the hallway.  I later learned that this was influenced by the playlist at his Chinese restaurant lunch spot that day. no words.]
Needless to say, not a day goes by that I don't praise God for laughter in my life. Thank goodness for joy rooted in Him, huh?
Last office story- Fridays, we have the pleasure of having the big man himself in the office- Dad. [church office is closed Fridays.]  So last Friday, Dad came with excitement for his new purchase; a housing unit for our server.  [SecureGive is a software company]. Background on Dad- he is a risk taker and passionate about anything he does.  Sometimes, he is so intelligent, he loses a grasp on reality/common sense. Well, he roped Sammy into helping [the younger brother.  equally as entertaining as Stu] and somehow they took up camp in the floor of my office.  Well, after an hour passed, they declared that this was not an easy take.

I enjoyed the company, but of course only watched from afar.  So after this pic, Sammy & co. gave up and I felt obliged to help Daddy out.  I joined him on the floor and took one look at the server and one at the box he was constructing and was immediately confused.  You see, the two were completely different size scales, the server being twice the size. I asked Dad what the point was, he proudly answered the server goes inside the box.  Yea, not happening.  Precious Dad was so defeated.  Not only had we put in all the time [and money] taking it apart and shipping it back was also costly.  Aside from Dad's down-spirits, Mom and I enjoyed quite the laugh!
So, let this be a lesson to all.
I guess I am out.  It's time to show my new home some TLC
p.s.- Tonight's agenda, take the ceiling down. Stay tuned tomorrow for success stories.  ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment