8.05.2010

pink bliss.

Well. I am not gonna lie. Today started out on a rough foot.  It seems we have hit some... miscommunication with the lenders involved in my new home situation.  After a few deep breaths- I found myself reminded that, in the grand scheme of things, this will only be a minor set back and there is simply no point in sweating the small stuff.  Ah- life lessons.  Thank goodness God is in control.
Well,  I know I have previously mentioned that with my recent graduation, I am [for the first time in four years] planting my [semi-permanent] roots back in my hometown.  This transition has been bittersweet- but made easy by some new special friends.  We met/ came together through Stevens Creek Church and have just decided to form our own little life group! Well- now we make it a point to meet once a week and share some dinner and laughs [and even an intense game or two].

Last night- we had a group favorite: breakfast night.  always fun. with waffles, eggs, bacon- the works! its nights like these that make the work week just right.  Love it. 
On to what is really working through my brain today: decorating [well-what else would it have been?].  I am an avid blog reader these days, and as it turns out, there are many out-of-country bloggers that have evoked inspiration and creativity in me and boy am I excited.  Today, I stumbled across a blogger in Germany who has created a home that would perfectly suit me.  I want to highlight her kitchen though. Between the lighting and the table, I am in girly-lovely-kitchen heaven.  This [what I believe to be] oil clothe covered table is ideal for my table situation and I am looking forward to trying to mimic the idea. 
The Yvestown Blog

No worries, I'll keep you posted with what I come up with... In the same blog, I found this lovely pink office. This office space is the epitome of what I envision in my spare bedroom.   The soft color is a balance of pretty and color without being overwhelming.  
I am in love.  Who knew that I could have a kindred spirit all the way in Germany... 
[Side note. I've mentioned my older brother Stu. And I shared his doodle-err-master piece yesterday.  Well, in college, he took German as his foreign language.  Now, on any-given day, we get to experience Stu's gruff, "German" accent - which to me sounds more like an old man with a frog in his throat- say one of the 3 lines he knows in German. Maybe his influence is what draws me into German design.]
Well.  That's enough for now. This was my little break from my sales associate world.  Ah, I can just dream of a day when I can research design and dream all day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment