8.19.2010

shout out to Sammy.

Somehow, this week started and I woke up today and its Thursday! I love these kind of weeks.
Of course, I haven't had too many major or exciting events to take place that have been blog worthy.  Let's all face it, my CraigsList friend is hard to top.  Regardless, the show must go on...
Well this week, I have truly been coping with my baby brother going back to school.  After our summer of fun, I just plain miss him during the day. [Obviously, you can see by his photo... I use the term baby loosely. But isn't he precious?]
Sammy goes to school!
[To give Sammy some credit, he isn't really going to school in this hooded Buzz Lightyear bookback.  You can check out that story here> http://securegiveblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/beauty-in-generosity.html]
Well, this whole process with letting him go back to school [11th grade! crazy times] has brought to surface the fact that I am going to miss this kid as my roommate [eer-housemate. ha] when I finally move out.  Our routine of watching Friends in the evening and making fun of Mom or Dad is going to have to come to a terrible halt and I am just not sure that I am looking forward to it.  But, I press on... Let me refer you to my FB status a few weeks back.  But more specifically, Sammy's comment...

AKA- Sammy just may miss me as well.
The other night I had the pleasure of [baby]sitting for the wonderful Waller fam.  I have been with them for years and years and absolutely love it.  Well, when Tandy got home, we got to gabbing about this and that.  She's been one of the faithful LtB readers [Love the Blog for you slow ones] and commented on some of my posts. We discussed the beauty of the pink work space previously mentioned, which simply get me more pumped for my all girl house.  And from here, we carried on to laundry room talk.  I don't know if I have mentioned, but my new laundry room is any woman's dream.  Off the side of the kitchen- large- plenty of shelfing!!  Bliss.  Well Tandy and I discussed laundry baskets and the impact of a cute and easy to use one... Lets all face it. Laundry ain't always fun- so why not try and improve it with a great hamper!?
So- how to pick a hamper.  I love this first one- dividers so that cloths can be organized according to wash. Ideal.  But lets be honest, visually, i get nothing from this one.  
Next we have a good woven, natural looking hamper. Love this look.  Earthy and cozy. But from experience, I do not enjoy the lid on top. This too easily becomes a shelf or table for me... maybe I am unique in this fact... 
Apartment Therapy

So what next? Well, Tandy shared with me her newest laundry room addition... made from the people who make the Scout Bags, we have this Trash Cache which can double as a hamper... 
Bungalow Co

It's collapsible, easy to clean, fashionable, and light weight. Um, yes please!
So- do you have thoughts? Do's and don't for the laundry room??

No comments:

Post a Comment