8.11.2010

midweek blues [and teals, greens, & whites]

happy wednesday.
For me, I have been suffering the middle of the week blues.  With a couple hiccups here at the office today [leading to a few tension moments] I've been easily distracted.
Apart from that, another obstacle has leaped in the way of our house closing.  And we aren't talking little one.  We are talking a 6 week set back.  Let's recap the timeline we've been working with:
Original Closing Date: July 30
resched to Aug 6th.
to Aug. 10th
to Aug. 11th
to now... Sept 22nd-ish?
BUT, I will move onward with my "glass-half full" [or at least a quarter full] outlook.
We are hoping to have possession of the house Monday and "rent" until closing.  Renovations can begin [as long as I maintain the possibility that something can still go wrong and I could lose that which is invested.]  AKA... paint walls and ceilings- sure.  Floors- eh, wait until we close.  Meaning there is a possibility the home will continue to smell, well, elderly for a few more weeks.  But, hey, what a great conversation piece [thanks C. Henry for that observation].
So, why don't we pick up this gloomy entry with another DIY project?
Well, since the start of this home-owner endeavor, I have been searching CraigsList [well, now CraigsLook], Goodwill, eBay, yard sales, etc for cheap fixer uppers.  I found this chair at the local Goodwill, price marked was $8 and all furniture was 50% off.  So, $4- new chair!
Had left over paint from a friend [thanks Maddie], sanded this sucker down, and used scrap material I had to simply staple down to the old cushion.  Of course, adorned with the pillow I shared yesterday, this is an adorable duo.  Can't wait to find a place for it.
And of course, I will leave on a shout out to my life group.  We had a sweet cook-out last night with burgers, cupcakes, corn hole, heat, and gabbing.  The boys were precious to share their likes [more-so dislikes] in womens fashions while us girl discussed our stance on my recent jury duty.
Trends that were voted down by the boys include [but not limited to]:
boots & short   /////   rompers   /////   gaucho pants
The boys opinions were appreciated for their simplicity and function.  With 2 brother's, I have always enjoyed  their tendency to be conservative.  
Anyway- love the small group.  Can't wait til next week.  And now I guess I am off to finish the day strong.
peace.

3 comments:

  1. haha. laughing so hard at the boys' dislikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't really have a problem with the rompers.
    -Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I was thinking of you and our conversation about clothes we hate based on their name and how complicated they are. I was in a store today and couldn't stop laughing to myself. There, on the rack, hung these beautiful and extremely classy pair of underpants. You know how you call leggings that look like blue jeans, "jeggings?" Well, these were undies that looked like jeans. Would you call them "Jannies" or "Janderwear?" How about "jeanderrpants?"

    ReplyDelete