11.04.2010

yard sale weekend.

Well. Enough time has pasted and Britt and I have done a terrible job of coordinating in order to write out our yard sale report.  So, I press on, solo.

Honestly, I didn't hold much expectation for yard sale day.  Brittany kind of convinced me.  Regardless, I showed up to pick her up around 7:45am and we hit the road.  Though we had skimmed through a newspaper the night before, we just went out on sign patrol hoping to find sales in the larger neighborhoods.  We started in the neighborhood that I honestly didn't know existed.  The first home- the prices were marked just right!  It seemed to be 3 ladies that had put all their stuff together for one thorough sale.  Love that concept.  We walked away with some good accessories as well as a solid end table to be painted [$2].  To our surprise, the houses in the neighborhood continued to be on spot with their prices and carried items with potential.  Britt and my spirits were major high as this point as our minds saw all the possibilities unfolding in front of us.  Remember, Britt and I are both in our early twenties working with entry level pay.  AKA- incredibly tight budget.  Of course, we aren't stressed because we are committed.

I had a hard time pulling Britt away from these beauties... lol

Walked away without this [because of space in the car].
But for $5, this is ideal for a makeover.


My vase for $.25.  Add white pray paint.  Beautiful  faux milk glass maybe?

Vintage glasses anyone? 50 cent. 

Bless... 
We were excited to pull up to one sale. As I put the car in park, the truck in front of me had reverse lights turn on. In that moment, I realized he was coming tomorrow me.  My reaction was incredibly delayed as I lost all sense as to how to reverse my own car. Finally, I honked at the truck, just as his tail made contact with my bumped.  Oops.  I told him, "No harm, no foul" and proceeded on to the sale...
And the infamous fender bender... 

Awful pic, I know. But these are our treasures.  

In the background, you'll notice the black chair.  The cane seat is in perfect condition.  The chair back needs some TLC [well, more specifically, liquid nails], but I am anxious to nurse it back to health.  Stay tuned for afters.  The whole room of goodies amounts to about $25, spent between the two of us.  
Over all, this day was a great success.  We had a few run-ins about prices that got heated, but nothing we weren't prepared to handle.  [Mainly, one lady who I believe I recognized from an episode of hoards {sorry, that's harsh} refused to knock 25 cent off a mason jar price! "It's an antique. You know it, I know it. It remains $.75"]

I'll keep you updated as we take on these projects. Hopefully, we'll have something beautiful in the end to share and leave you with a little bit of inspiration.. 
Cheers.
-Sar

No comments:

Post a Comment