9.07.2010

redirecting.

Ugh. It has been too long!  Hope you readers had the best labor-free labor day ever.
I feel like so much has happened since we last spoke.
Went to the beach on Thurs. [Hilton Head Island- a Baker family favorite]. Dropped Sammy off to meet Dad in Columbia for the Carolina game.  He was presh- had a pump up playlist that we rocked out to the whole way there just to get in the football spirit.  Anyway- I went on to HHI and spent the evening with Mom. We ate and did a little shopping.
Friday, we put in a few hours at the beach, had early dinner at Bonefish, and hit the outlet malls. You gotta catch Baker men on a good day in order to get them to cooperate and shop. And this day was a good day. By the end of it, we were shopped out [at least for the time being. i mean, the stores closed.]
Weekend continue with more shopping, tv watching, and eating.  [Let me just note- Stu was greatly missed during all the family time].
And I know you're wondering- did Sarah buy any deals for her knew house? And of course, the answer is yes! I found to great living rooms lamps at HomeGoods [pictures to come ASAP], some lovely kitchen containers, and an area rug.
Here's the rug. This is actually a birthday gift from my wonderful parents.
World Market.  approx. 5 by 8

It is beautiful and casual and feminine. [Side note- the flowers that appear orange in the picture are more of a cranberry in real life- with a pink/red tint to it].
But of course, now I am left with a dilemma. This changes my direction.  You see, the grayish/purple for my kitchen walls doesn't exactly compliment this piece- so I am left to consider other options.  And of course, the overall style will need to shift from "pretty" to "earthy-pretty" [which can be done]. At this point, I don't have a preference.  I have just been grasping for a starting point and this alters the vision. 
And of course- now I know you're thinking- Sarah, how are you coping with all of this decorating anxiety?  And I am not going to lie. It's tough.  Choosing colors and putting together beautiful elements is not easy and requires patience.  I learned this the hard way yesterday after experiencing a [minor] breakdown in which I got overwhelmed. After a few deep breaths and a couple moments of silence, I came back to Earth. At which point Stu showed up and helped save the day.
So- the work day continued.  Walls completely primed, drywall [mostly] done, lots of dust and debris cleared... this week will be full of paint. Lots and lots of paint.  Bring it. 
I understand that I skipped over the rest of the HHI trip, but trust me. You aren't missing much.... 
love to you. more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment