9.20.2010

let there be light. haha.

Oh i just feel like I am full of updates for you all because it has nearly been a week since we spoke!  Did I mention I was out of town?  Worked a conference for SecureGive- New Spring Leadership Conference.  Had an incredible time, but it just wore me out!  So goodness, I don't even know where we left off...
House update first:
You won't even believe the progress.  Every room in the entire house is painted!  Who would have thought this day would come!  I do have some touch ups to do in my laundry room.  It proved to be an extremely nasty room that is trying my patience.
I've also worked on my light fixtures.  And yes, I have pics :)

There are two of these...one that hangs [top picture] and one that is flush against the ceiling [bottom pic].  I don't know if these do them justice, but they were certainly over 30 years old and gross.  So. I cleaned them up and bought 2 cans of spray paint.  Light yellow and a metallic silver for the chain.
After.
Again, the picture doesn't do this justice. One would never know that the ceiling mount and chain were once black.  New light fixtures! 
So of course, I finished this project and what inspired to tie in the chandelier I have [which you may recognize from previous posts].  It was brassy gold hanging in what used to be the dining room [you remember, we tore down that wall...].  




I am beyond thrilled that I have been able to re-purpose the light fixtures that existed... 
You want to see the whole kitchen pre-paint with lights?


Anyway- tonight we are celebrating my precious baby brother's 17th birthday- Bonefish style.  I love that brother more than he knows and am so excited to celebrate!
And!! This weeek [Wed. at 5am to be exact] I am headed to the other side of the US... California!  Going there with a group of about 15 from my church [Stevens Creek Church] to work with the Dream Center and boy am I pumped.  Stay tuned for future details.  
Well... guess thats enough for now... we are SOO close to the big reveal. you aren't ready.  
Cheers.


1 comment: