9.14.2010

decorating frenzies.

I'm honestly in shock that it has been nearly a week since I updated you all.  And I think I am going to credit it to the whole computer crashing incident [which is on the verge of being fixed...aka- new computer].  Of course, with no computer to my name, posting pictures is more difficult and so, here I have put off keeping you guys informed.  Sorry.
So let's recap.  Birthweek came to a strong close with family dinner/celebrations Sunday night, complete with steaks on the grill and the typical picking on Sarah.  Love my family.  Stu brought Maddie along and she gave me the cutest white porcelain bird salt and pepper shakers [which I love!] that I believe look like these...

and she also got me this beautiful green dish.....[which i also love!]  I mean, really, who doesn't love housewares!?


So aside from birthday celebrations, mom and I did manage to find time over the weekend to get some shopping in [typical Saturday].  So while the boys were away at the USC vs. UGA game [Go GAMECOCKS!] we made our way to the mall and Marshalls and Target [the usuals] and I finally picked out this lovely shower curtain for my Ballet Slipper pink hall bathroom.... thoughts?


I understand this image quality isn't the best, but the color pallete feels perfect considering what is already going on in the house....I found that shower curtains are just plain tough.  There are either elderly, cliche [sea shells, etc], expensive [all those found at Anthroplogie], or in the blue color family... so my search was pretty extensive.  If I could of had my pick anywhere, this is what I would have chosen, coming in at a whopping $118...

but of course, I am sensible and on a budget... 
For my bathroom, I found this plain gray shower curtain at Target for $4.50 from the Room Essentials line....my goal is to make it my own through ruffles, stripes, or some other type of embellishment.  I'll keep you posted.
Thats what happening in the home decor department.
Renovations are moving smoothly... the kitchen, 1 bedroom, and 1 bathroom are all that's left in the painting department [whoo hoo!] and I am dying to post pictures but haven't been able to capture the colors with my [lack of] lighting installed.... so I am working on it!!  
Ok, Stu came and hovered over my shoulder to see what I am working on. AKA time to wrap it up... 
Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment