7.04.2011

kitchen reveal.

viewing the house... 
note the "wood" paneling...
Okay... so it's not completely complete.... but I figured it's about time I let you in on what's been cooking here at my house.  I've been focusing on my kitchen for the last few months [as I've mentioned in previous posts].  To be honest, this was one room in the house that somewhat overwhelmed me at the start.  I simply decided I wouldn't touch it because it just gets complicated and difficult.  At some point, probably with a little encouragement from my parents, I decided to bight the bullet and look into countertop options.  Well... as I shopped, I understood that now was the time to add a bar addition if I was ever going to do it... which lead to a cabinet face lift and hardware update.  
So here we are...shopping for counter tops and deciding to update everything else as well... 
Of course, these posts wouldn't be near as fun if we didn't remember from where we've come.... 
scraping the ceilings...
before pulling up the floors
During floor selection... 



and the afters.....
I chose a java countertop....
and taupish gray cabinet....
oil-rubbed bronze hardware....






incomplete....
I've simply loved how it's turned out.  My 3 new drawers are incredible.  and the extra storage I have now is a dream.
next on the list: finish painting.  assemble new bar stools.  pick and install a backsplash :)

oh... and that's Tres.  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: