1.18.2011

i decided to cook?

I came home today and notice this...the snowman remains: a wilted baby carrot, wet scarf, and dirty hat.  The snow is officially gone...
In other news...Tuesday and it's already been a full week!  Love that.
Went Shopping with Mom this weekend [go figure].  We visited Pier1 - a personal fav.  Anyway, this lamp is like the epitome of my taste! I was totally inspired and yes- I would expect to see something along the lines of this shade in my home asap [via homemade design]. Isn't it gorgeous?
Anyway- I want to share with you this Daniel Fast inspired recipe I tried tonight that turned out pretty wonderful [considering it lacked dairy and meat].  Def worth the extra effort in making dinner happen.

 Pizza Sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
tablespoons minced garlic, jar ok
tablespoons Italian seasoning
teaspoon fennel seed [I used Rosemary]
tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 pinch salt
Instructions:

 Whole Grain Pizza Crust
cups whole grain, whole wheat flour (I used Spelt flour)
1/3 cup olive oil
cup water
teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
teaspoon fennel seed (I used Rosemary instead)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
tablespoon olive oil for pan
Use some freedom as you pick the toppings for your pizza.
I used the following:
1/2 red bell pepper [diced]
Spinach
Red onion
3 oz Mushrooms
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Bake for about 30 min [or until crust is crispy] at 375 degrees.  I rubbed the bottom of the pan with some extra virgin olive oil to prevent stick.











Welp.  Thats about all the inspiration I have for ya today.  Enjoy your pizza!
Chao.
-Sar

1 comment: