9.05.2011

kitchen details.

Though I tend to be "big picture" focused in most areas...in design, I have a deep appreciation for little details.
One of my fav little detials [in any room] are flowers.  If i could afford fresh flowers all the time - that is certainly a splurge I would do... but for me, now, I'll stick to fake.
That being said... I searched for quite sometime for a centerpiece for my kitchen. None to be found... SO. Took matters into my own hands.  Found these stems on clearance at Pier1... approx $1-3 per...

combined with a $6 clearance pitcher from Target and...ta da!  Approx $20 custom centerpiece...
Add $0.50 place mat from Marshall's and gifted Pier1 S&P shakers and we're in business...


I also decided to try my hand at wreath making..... found an awesome tutorial over at Jones Design Company and gave it a whirl. Whatcha think?


For further details...check out the tutorial.  This was an afternoon project... homemade flowers and all.  Total cost was well under $10.  
Seeing as these kitchen projects are [several] weeks [okay, maybe months] late... I figure I manswell share some other pictures from around that time... one of my favorite wedding weekends.  Congrats Reebs & Huntman [aka Rebekah and Hunter]
me & cousin Abby
my all time fav P.I.C - Rebekeh - on her day

pre-wedding celebrating

collegemaids

No comments:

Post a Comment