2.25.2011

happy friday.

another week- flew by.  this is the weekend of finishing projects for me.  for starters, let's talk lamps.
Remember this beaut?
 Well... I have this shade in my living room and decided it could use some sprucing.

So - I visited my local Hancock and got a few fabrics from the remnants bin. Picked out 3 fabric sections for under $3.  The first was a felt like fabric.  I cut small circles out of this one... 
 Then, I folded the circle in half, the in half again, and clipped the point off of the folded fabric.   This allowed for a flat surface for me to apply hot glue to.  So, I glued the flat surface to a circle cut out, starting in the center and working my way out...

this was the finished first flower.... 
And here it is in relation to the shade... 
I went with this method from memory of random flower research.  But... decided it didn't have the impact I needed.  So, I refreshed my memory by visiting Jones Design Company and remembered to do this ... 
cut out flower shapes.  this is fabric #2.  semi- linen
and I combined the cut out flowers with the cut out circles for this flower... 
Anyway, I repeated method one to made a linen smaller flower and combined the 3 to make this cluster...



extremely pleased.  i'm ready to put flowers on everything.  
Welp. It's Friday. So. hopefully I'll have more to come.... until then, cheers!
-Sar


1 comment:

  1. oh yay! that looks great. isn't it funny how a little something added can make a huge difference? you did a nice job :) www.urbanscarlet.com

    ReplyDelete